GR Wright & Sons Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
What we do
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting our websites you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the European Data Protection Regulations (‘GDPR’) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is GR Wright & Sons Limited of Ponders End Mills, Enfield EN3 4TG.
This Privacy Statement explains how we process your information and your rights under both DPA and GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Contact information including email address
Demographic information such as postcode
Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We may use this information to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
Security of Information
We have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss and misuse, and from unauthorized access, modification, disclosure and interference. Intrepid regularly reviews security and encryption technologies and will strive to protect your personal information as fully as we protect our own confidential information.
Payment Card security – including credit cards and debit cards:
All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
Payment card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution via an encrypted port.
We do not store your payment card number in any of our systems, it is used only within the context of the transaction then destroyed upon receipt from an acquiring bank.
All payment card payments receive an identification number that is proof of the transaction's acceptance into the banking system. This identification number can be used to trace any transaction back to the credit card issuer (for example, the bank that issued the MasterCard, or VISA credit card).
Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your rights under Data Protection Law
We operate under the Data Protection Act 2018 (‘DPA’) and the European General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’).
The DPA and GDPR apply to ‘personal data’ we process and the data protection principles set out the main responsibilities we are responsible for.
We must ensure that personal data shall be:
processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
accurate and where necessary kept up to date;
kept for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed. We operate a data retention policy that ensures we meet this obligation. We only retain personal data for the purposes for which it was collected and for a reasonable period thereafter where there is a legitimate business need or legal obligation to do so. For detail of our current retention policy contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
We ensure lawful processing of personal data by obtaining consent; or where there is a contractual obligation to do so in providing appropriate products and services; or where processing the data is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests in providing appropriate products and services.
In the majority of cases we process personal data based on your contract with us. In other cases, we process personal data only where there are legitimate grounds for so doing.
To meet our Data Protection obligations, we have established comprehensive and proportionate governance measures.
We ensure data protection compliance across the organisation through:
implementing appropriate technical and organisational measures including internal data protection policies, staff training, internal audits of processing activities, and reviews of internal HR policies.
maintaining relevant documentation on processing activities.
implementing measures that meet the principles of data protection by design and data protection by default including data minimisation, pseudonymisation, transparency, deploying the most up-to-date data security protocols and using data protection impact assessments across our organisation and in any third party arrangements.
Under the GDPR You have the following specific rights in respect of the personal data we process:
1. The right to be informed about how we use personal data.
This Privacy Statement explains who we are; the purposes for which we process personal data and our legitimate interests in so doing; the categories of data we process; third party disclosures; and details of any transfers of personal data outside the UK.
2. The right of access to the personal data we hold. In most cases this will be free of charge and must be provided within one month of receipt.
3. The right to rectification where data are inaccurate or incomplete. In such cases we shall make any amendments or additions within one month of your request.
4. The right to erasure of personal data, but only in very specific circumstances, typically where the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed; or, in certain cases where we have relied on consent to process the data, when that consent is withdrawn and there is no other legitimate reason for continuing to process that data; or when the individual objects to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
5. The right to restrict processing, for example while we are reviewing the accuracy or completeness of data, or deciding on whether any request for erasure is valid. In such cases we shall continue to store the data, but not further process it until such time as we have resolved the issue.
6. The right to data portability which, subject to a number of qualifying conditions, allows individuals to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
7. The right to object in cases where processing is based on legitimate interests, where our requirement to process the data is overridden by the rights of the individual concerned; or for the purposes of direct marketing (including profiling); or for processing for purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics, unless this is for necessary for the performance of a public interest task.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Please contact us at email@example.com for more information about the GDPR and your rights under Data Protection law.
If you have a complaint about data protection at GR Wright & Sons Limited contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively contact our supervisory authority for data protection compliance (www.ico.org.uk):
Information Commissioner's Office
Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (national rate)
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies can make the internet more useful by storing information about your preferences on a particular site, such as your personal preference pages.
We use the following Cookies:
Traffic Log Cookies
Identify which pages are being used, which helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Last updated: May 2018